Look, there are points in every journey where you take inventory … my commitment is to make it to Helsinki (Finland for those geographically challenged). We plan to be there by August-ish timeframe.
So between January and August this is the route (subject to change):
- Start in New Zealand
- Fly over to Australia (to celebrate Australia Day)
- Go up the Indonesian coast into Malaysia (have to see the Komodo dragons)
- Head through Thailand, Cambodia, & possibly Vietnam
- Fly over to Sri Lanka (freckled elephants await)
- Work our way through India to Nepal, Bhutan & Tibet
- Fly to parts of China (it’s a freaking big land mass)
- Convince Lynn to check-out South Korea (I heart K-Dramas)
- Catch the Tran-Siberian Railroad from Beijing to St. Petersburg
- End up in Helsinki (boat or plane or underwater seaboat… still undecided)
We have a framework set for most of New Zealand and Australia (including hostels/hotels/Airbnb & rental cars) but we like options. If you want to share with us “must-dos” we are very receptive. Lynn is actually trying to convince me to attend a 10-day “no talking” meditation class in India (things like this I highly recommend you not suggesting … I am not Elizabeth Gilbert).
Share with us your thoughts!18